1) FEBS YTF Awards
Deadline for application:
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room). The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a travel award.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by ----- and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
2) TUBITAK 2224-B Grant Program for Participation in Scientific Meetings within the country for young scientists from Turkey
Deadline for application:
Scope of the Support
Researchers aged 35 and under who wish to participate in scientific meetings in the country are provided with support for transportation, accommodation and participation fees.
Terms of Application
- Applicants must be maximum 35 years old and at least the third year of Bachelor's Degree
- The proceedings must have been sent or accepted to the meeting for oral presentation or applicant must be an invited speaker. ( Poster presentation is beyond the scope of support. Oral presentation is required.)
- The scientific meetings to be applied must have the peer-review process
- The scientific meetings to be applied must be at least the second of the meetings.
- Members of the scientific board must be composed of scientists from at least 4 different institutions in Turkey.
- The scientific meetings to be applied must have a website.
- To be not supported from the program in the last 1 years as of the application deadline,
- Applicants must register and update their information to ARBİS (Researcher Information System)
- One of the authors must apply for multi-author papers (Only one of the authors is supported for the same paper.)
- Not being dismissed from the profession, public service or from the organization of the relevant institutions directly or within the framework of the procedures stipulated in the Decree Laws enacted under the state of emergency.
- The scientific meetings to be applied should not be a personal meeting or an in-house meeting.
- Those involved in projects supported by TUBITAK cannot apply to this program to participate in domestic scientific meetings where the same project outputs can be presented if there is sufficient travel support that can be used in the relevant project.
- Those who work in TÜBİTAK or its affiliated institutions cannot apply to this program.
- There is no support for published studies.
Applications must be made within the application period latest by 30th July 2021. For more details please visit https://www.tubitak.gov.tr/sites/default/files/3835/2224-b_2021_yili_cagri_duyurusu_14_01_2021.pdf and for time table the link is
Results are expected to be announced in September.
All participants who apply for TUBİTAK 2224 - Grant program, must inform the general secretary of the course about their application by mail ( email@example.com ).
3) Grants from the Organizing Committee
Limited number of registration fee grants (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room, but NOT TRAVEL COSTS) will be given by the organizing committee to a limited number of applicants fulfilling the conditions below.
- To have a poster or an oral presentation.
- To be doing a master's, doctorate or work in a post-doctorate position.
- Not to be over 40 years old and to prove it with a document.
- To have sent their CV/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org